1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Energy Monitor/Consumption Screen not updating after replacing 12V Battery - Possibly Fixed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sam Brinson, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Sam Brinson

Sam Brinson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    After Green Bean Battery came and replaced my hybrid battery and 12V battery, my 2007 Prius developed an issue in which the Energy Monitor and Consumption screens would intermittently stop updating/providing real time information. I would briefly lose the arrows on the Energy Monitor screen, and the Consumption screen would not have a bar for the instantaneous MPG.

Upon googling, I found that with the Gen 3 prius many were having this issue(example1, example2) after the 12V battery was replaced. It turns out that the cause was oftentimes that a 12V Battery Temperature Sensor was not reconnected. I was not able to find any such sensor in the Gen2.

I did however disconnect all of the connectors in the battery compartment, as well as inside the passenger side interior panel, above the battery compartment. I brushed them out, sprayed them with dialectric grease, and reconnected them.

Thus far, this seems to have resolved the issue. For my short test drive, the Energy Monitor and Consumption screens have both been providing realtime information 100% of the time. I just wanted to document this for future googlers, or in case anybody else notices a similar issue, as I thus far have not found any information about others having this problem in the Gen2 Prius.

burrito, SFO and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done, thank you!

Sam Brinson likes this.