1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine Air Filter and Cabin Air Filter..30k miles.. Which one should I get?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by nanoxnano, Jun 23, 2016.

1. nanoxnano

nanoxnano Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok my 2015 Prius is about to reach 30k miles. I want to replace the Air Filters myself. Search online and found both on Amazon. I assume both need to be replaced at the same time? What to make sure I got the correct part #'s. For the engine air filter, Part # 17801-37021.

Real Question:
    Now for the cabin air filter, I see two of them. Or is there only one? Part # 87139-YZZ10 and 87139-YZZ20. The cost difference is almost double from one to the other. What is the difference?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    one charcoal, one plain? i got charcoal from the dealer, $35. check your filters before buying new ones, sometimes all the need is a beating or vacuum.
    i replaced my cabin at 30k, but have the oem air filter at 40k, looks like new.

3. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Recently did both of mine, got both from Advance Auto Parts. There were two type for the cabin filer, one had an orange gasket and the other one didn't. I got the 'el cheapo' one w/o the gasket, wasn't sure if the gasketed one would fit in the hole! I'd used one before and it seemed fine IE: when I took it out it was dirty so air must have been passing through it and not bypassing it...

bisco likes this.