1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine block heater shipping?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by slair, Aug 30, 2007.

1. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ok, I bought an EBH going on 4 weeks ago now. I bought it right when the group buy started, its been paid for and everything. I just havent received it. I'm in no terrible rush for it, but come on. I've PM'd Danny twice now with no response. Can someone tell me is there some kind of hold up or what is going on?

Thanks

2. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slair @ Aug 30 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]504582[/snapback]</div>
    I am not trying to gang up on Danny.....but I sent him a PM as well and got Zilch in response. He is a busy guy with another new chat site for the Hycam and all. But on a positive note he did send the shipping list to Jesse on the 17th of August or his post in the EBH group buy on the 16th indicated that is what he was doing. I don't know if Jesse is waiting on something or if Danny has him waiting on something. I just hope I get my 4 that I ordered soon.

3. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I ordered a SC2 at the same exact time and got it from Danny in like one week. I dont know whats up with the EBH.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The EBHs were not going to ship, and that was made clear in the original thread, until the end of the group buy and then a few days while things were organized. That was about 13 days ago.

Then things got kinda goofy when Wayne made seperate arrangements with Jesse to get the EBHs so he could start his install trip. This was also made clear about a week ago and Danny asked for names and google reciept numbers for everyone who was getting their EBH from Wayne. IOW, he didn't know exactly who was getting their EBH from Wayne and who he needed to ship one to himself.

Now, I'm not Danny and I don't know exactly where things stand at the moment on this but I'd assume he's trying to finalize the list of those who still truely need the EBH shipped to them. And I'd beg some patience while he does that as he probably still needs to coordinate with Wayne who just got home from his trip.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Perhaps you missed reading this post by Danny:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 21 2007, 01:55 PM) [snapback]499925[/snapback]</div>

6. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

I'm waiting to see how long it takes to straighten this mess up. His post seems to imply that it is FireEngineers fault or those who are getting their EBH installed by him. Dude, FE :)P) is saving him money on shipping. He should apologize to everyone for the delays. Anyways, we'll see how he handles a screwup.

7. Metro

Metro Your OEM Q & A Resource

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Alright I will try to clear this up the best I can. Instead of addressing each post I will just list the information. There was some confusion with Wayne and the west coast installs. It was difficult to determine the exact amount of heaters needed and how many Wayne was going to take with him and how many people wanted theirs shipped. Who's fault? Who knows and it really should not matter anyway. Wayne had a ligitimate reason to get started with his trip ASAP. He promised his children the trip and he needed to be able to do it before school started. He was kind enough to come and pick up the heaters from me to save time and expense, but the list was not finalized the day that he stopped by so we had to ballpark the number to make the trip happen for the kids and for everyone that was waiting for him to install. If we had waited much longer the trip might not have happened at all.

I got a list of names for the East customers last week and was waiting on packaging so that I could ship them. I do not know if the list I received was for everyone East but if I am not mistaken around 50 people will get theirs next week.

I understand the frustration that some people feel when their PM is not immediately answered by Danny or not answered at all. There are times when I cannot get in touch with him myself. I can only imagine what his email box and PMs look like. However I understand that he is a very busy guy and does have a full time career separate from PC. I think that patience really is in order since he is doing everyone a service (including me) and providing things at a discounted price.

8. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACORNBLUES @ Aug 31 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]504899[/snapback]</div>
    Are you joking? He is doing them a service by installing it in the first place.... I don't think any apology is necessary. He is going out of his way as it is.

9. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the efforts of Wayne, Danny and Jesse are all in good faith and were intended to help as many people as possible. Unfortunately each person's timetables were different and the efforts were not well coordinated.

I've not doubt things will get straightened out quite soon, hopefully Wayne can get an exact list of who got their EBHs from him to Jesse/Danny soon and the remainder can be shipped right away.

I like to get my stuff as soon as I pay for it too so I can understand your frustration, but by giving some explaination I'm hoping to encourage a little patience while these final few details are being sorted out.

10. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 30 2007, 11:24 PM) [snapback]504694[/snapback]</div>
    I did miss Danny's post, but I'm an East coaster, so I didn't read everything in the West coast thread. FE is doing my install. I've heard nothing about FE picking up EBHs for the East run, so I figure Jesse is going to ship mine to me. I was a bit worried (thought maybe UPS had lost it), but checked my order status yesterday and it said 'not shipped'. So, I assume I'm one of the folks who will receive theirs next week.

11. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Perhaps some people don't realize that the trade off for the price saved in the group buy is that you have to wait until the group is large enough to get the volume discount negotiated by the purchaser, and then for the supplier to have enough product to fill the group order. I understand perfectly that I will eventually get my EBH. Besides, we here in N.E. have a couple of months before the snow starts to fly anyway. I appreciate the efforts of Danny, Wayne and Jesse for trying to save me money. If I wanted it immediately I would have ordered it separately on my own.

12. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tekn0wledg @ Aug 31 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]504961[/snapback]</div>
    I apologize for my bad english. I meant *Danny* should apologize w/ everyone for the screwup.

13. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ Aug 31 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]505015[/snapback]</div>
    Neicy - I think most if not all of us realize it is a group buy. FTR - The group buy ended on the 14th. My CC was charged on the 20th.

*Perhaps* some pple do not know Danny personally and are worried. I personally have not PM'ed Danny. It probably would have helped if he at least used G.C. to notify pple of the delay and give an ETA. Anyways, lets all just chill and not make matters worse.

14. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACORNBLUES @ Aug 31 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]505018[/snapback]</div>
    You want him to apologize for the acts of others done without his knowledge or approval?
    Again, that's NOT to say I think Jesse or Wayne did something bad or wrong, but it is clear to me that their actions did make the situation such that it became impossible for Danny to ship out the EBHs. Even by Jesse's admission in his post above he gave EBHs to Wayne without knowing exactly who would be getting them.

How do you think Danny could have handled this better? He made a post in the thread asking for people to e-mail him if they were getting the EBH. If he shipped out EBHs to everyone how would he get back those who recieved duplicates?

Again, I believe all actions taken by all parties were/are being done in good faith and in as fair of a way as possible I'm confident that Danny will post up and get the EBHs out ASAP. Just be a little patient while Wayne and Danny coordinate.

15. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

Hey s**t happens. What is wrong w/ apologizing for it? I'm just defending the position of those who were left in the dark on this situation. Its just bad PR and those who do know him and are acting all huffy puffy are not helping.

[Hindsight] Ideally it may have been more helpful if Danny contacted everyone involved in the g.b. Notify them of Wayne's schedule. Offer an estimate on when the EBH will be shipped.

Outside of knowing that Danny created this forum, I don't know who he is. I didn't know he was working on another forum. I didn't know he did not personally released the EBHs to FE. All these came out after someone inquired about the delay.

16. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Lol, wow. The intended nature of this post was not to complain about how I'm not getting my EBH. I was just curious about what is going on since I havent heard anything at all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 30 2007, 11:24 PM) [snapback]504694[/snapback]</div>
    Yes I missed that post because it was titled to whom FE is installing their EBH, which is not me, so I didnt read it. There are no apoligies in order for anything. This was a huge order and undertaking, and it is impossible for everything to go smoothly. I have PM'd Danny multiple times over the corse of the past 3 weeks with 0 responses, this is why I was getting worried. With no communication to the person who is taking care of all of this, this thread had to be created. This is not a complaint, just simply a "what is going on, I need an update" thread.

17. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Here is another post by Danny that should have been copied here:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Aug 31 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]505099[/snapback]</div>