1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine Light on after Coastal EV mod (fixed)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by espoafd, Mar 17, 2006.

1. espoafd

espoafd New Member

I just installed my coastal EV mod and it works but my check engine light is on now.

I made an error when installing it. I wanted to test it before putting the dash back together but I had forgotten to place the gray plug back in its slot. It gave me a bunch of error messages and would not start. I then placed the plug in but now the check engine light is on.

Has this happened to any one else and how did they fix it.

I tried to search for this problem and found one other person mentioning the check engine light but there was nothing about how it was fixed.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not a big deal. The engine light should go out after 3 start-up/shut down cycles.

3. espoafd

espoafd New Member

Thank You!!!

You were correct. The light is now off and everything is working well.

4. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had that problem when I tested to see if the EV mode would work in the 06. I did the same as you by leaving the plug unplugged. I got my car started back up after I plugged it back in and the check engine light was on. It stayed on for a few times I started the car. I then took the pin for the EV out and the light went off after that. I thought it had something to do with the pin or maybe I did not plug in the plug right. But it may have been that the car needed restarted a few times to clear the error. I did have my car on and off a few times after I had the plug unplugged when the car was on. :p I would test to see if that check engine light would come back on a clear its self but I dont want to chance it. My EV button will be coming in in a few weeks and well see what happens. :)

5. espoafd

espoafd New Member

Thanks to Efusco I didn't take it apart. I was afraid that I had screwed up my car. I really appreciate everybody here.