1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine stalled

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rickwhissel, Jun 10, 2005.

1. rickwhissel

rickwhissel New Member

My 2005 Prius stalled while cruising at 67 MPH during a long highway drive on flat road. After 15 minutes I started the car and drove about 20 miles to gas station. The car ran fine at 65 MPH during this period. I reset the info panel and drove another 600 miles with no problems. The car had about 5,500 miles on it when this occurred. The toyota dealer said the code was for run out of gas. If it was out of gas how did it run for additional 20 miles with the ICE working? Dealer makes it sound like I am lying about not running out of gas. Unfortunately I did not fill the tank when I bought gas.

2. AfonsoSilva

AfonsoSilva New Member

How many miles did you drive on that tank before the engine stalled?

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A lot of "stalling" is related to running out of gas. If the code said "out of gas" I imagine that was the case. It should be on your invoice if you wish to double-check. They will also have to list any work that was done.

The fuel bladder is indeed a fussy thing. I try not to let it get low on gas. Typically I fill when the last bar starts blinking, if not sooner. I'm not taking any chances.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The conditions for setting "out of gas" is "Add Fuel" mode and ICE fail to start. What else could the HV ECU think?