1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Engine surging after gen 4 swap

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Hugo Stiglitz, Jul 5, 2024 at 4:41 PM.

1. Hugo Stiglitz

Hugo Stiglitz New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I recently had a gen 4 swap done. Since then the engine will rev to 3 or 4 thousand rpms while driving with I let off the gas. It will rev two or three times. It’s like shifting a manual without taking your foot off the accelerator when changing gears. Any ideas? I didn’t do the swap myself so not really sure if something got missed in the swap.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No this is actually very common there are connections that need to be made and routed for the Gen 4 in the Gen 3 setup even with using some of the Gen 3 parts I think I haven't personally Done the gen 3:00 to 4 swap but I've done hundreds of Toyotas swaps of different engines and the different cars 3s GTE and lotus in lotus Espeit and things like that. They'll be folks along shortly with a bunch of diagrams pictures and drawings that you'll have to go out and check on your swapped vehicle and see where these things stand

Hugo Stiglitz likes this.