1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Engine with approx. 100K - increased my Miles per gallon by 13% on

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bernie3015, Mar 12, 2022.

1. bernie3015

bernie3015 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Using Sea Foam increased my mpg by 13% from 42.5 approximately to 48. I just used the pre-oil change procedure on the can. For the full story go to Increasing the MPG and the Life of a Gasoline Car with fewer major expenses.

Also if you have a major oil burn problem there is a more direct approach of applying 100% Sea Foam directly to the rings. This method this is detailed here:
    Burning oil problems due to dirty piston rings (oil & compression) and prevent catalytic converter problems and keep the oil cleaner for a longer engine life

This method works VERY WELL BUT YOU DO HAVE TO CLEAN OUT THE SPARK PLUG ACCESSES PORTS FIRST OR YOU WILL GET DIRT IN THE ENGINE.

There is also Sea Foam spray with can be directly sprayed into the air intake. I have not tried that yet. It is easier than than the above.

#1 bernie3015, Mar 12, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  2. asjoseph

asjoseph Samuel, '04 Ruthiemobile

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ... my OEM Gen II ICE was an oil burner. Not necessarily a bad thing. But, my rebuilt ICE is not. I'm seeing about the same average fuel consumption, though under certain circumstance, ex post the rebuild, I'm inexplicably getting 8-12 mpg better, under 30 mph residential driving. After the rebuild, I'm seeing better fuel consumption pulling steep grades, as well - Samuel, '04 Ruthiemobile