1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Enginer Plug-In conversion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Ricardo Sulimowicz, May 6, 2013.

1. Ricardo Sulimowicz

Ricardo Sulimowicz New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I have been interested in getting a plug in conversion and Enginer systems are a little more in my price range. I was curious if anyone has tried one of these systems and could give a review on it?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm not up on conversions but I think the 'original' Enginer is gone, bought out by someone else and now the company is ran from Shanghai.

I'd be watchful and do ALOT of research on their systems and warranties etc before purchasing.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    due diligence.;)

4. pjc

pjc Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Ricardo,

There are many of us with Enginer systems here. Look through the PHEV Modifications sub-forum to this one and you will find many posts. Enginer itself has gone out of business, although their product still exists. It seems that MD-Tech now owns the system, although to my knowledge there is not a distributor in North America. If you are in Europe it is a different story.

In short, if you live in an urban environment where a good portion of your driving is low speed and/or stop-and-go, Enginer works quite well. The benefits of Enginer are much less once you get above 42 MPH. In addition, there have been numerous reliability problems with the kit. It is cheap, though!

NortTexSalv04Prius likes this.