1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entire month of March in Southern CA

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Dianne, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Prius for SoCal...

There are 411 cars being allocated in Southern CA in MARCH - the whole month - for Southern CA. That number is tentative and can change up or down.

The production and arrival ratios for cars in SoCal, color etc are:

60% of all cars are BC (package 9 ),
    20% are BG (package 8 ),
    10% are BI (package 6 )
    10% of all cars are AF (package 3 ),

Of course, that being said, there are just that proportion of BC cars requested/wanted, or possibly even more in reality. I personally wish they'd being in a few #7's but whatever they bring, we sell crazy fast anyway. The car's really barely been out to the general public, non pioneers for 3-4 months anyway... they are still trying to fine tune package choices and color selection.

Color ratios are:
    10% of all are white with gray interior.
    10% of all are white with tan interior.
    29.9% are silver.
    5.1% are black with tan
    5.1% are black with gray
    5.4% are red.
    9.7% are driftwood.
    10% are tideland.
    14.8% are blue

I think that white's way too high, personally... and the tideland, red and black need to increase in place of the white.

But, you can see that being open to any color and or more than one specific package may help you get "the call"... we are all the authors of our own fate! Someone in my line who wants a black/gray interior package 6 and will not take anything else is certainly painting themselves into a corner of their own making. :>

Dianne Whitmire
    www.carsontoyota.com
    Sunny Southern CA!

2. niferbee

niferbee New Member

Thanks for posting this stuff Diane.

Even for those like me who are not in California, it helps us to see how allocations are in other areas - so we can hope allocations in our area are increasing too!

It's nice to see 60% in BC!

3. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is 411 more cars compared to last months or is it relatively the same? And about when will we see improvements on how many cars are being made per month?

4. tag

tag Senior Member

Sounds like more but not by much. According to posts in other threads, I gleaned:

Begin of Feb = 136
    End of Feb = 234

So, it appears that the Feb total was 370 and now we're seeing about an 11% increase for March. I was hoping that figure would be considerably higher.

5. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Ohhh Tag! It's truly better than nothing'! At least it's an upward climb.

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Yes, Dianne, I suppose you're right. It's just that I expected more cars to begin arriving as a result of the (purported) circa 30% increase in production. Perhaps they didn't kick into high gear in Japan until later and the dramatic increase will translate into more cars over here sometime in April or May. ????

Regardless, I just saw another 2004, a white one, in my town.....definitely a good sign, particularly considering this is basically H2/Escalade territory.

7. N9IWP

N9IWP New Member

Steve: I don't suppose you have the March allocations for Chicagoland handy?

thanks,

Brian