1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune and Android

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bielinsk, Jun 28, 2012.

1. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone have issues where when you enter the car and try to go into Apps, you get a popup on the phone asking to allow bluetooth connection?

I get this twice, and some times it works and other times it doesn't work.

Unfortunately, Toyota isn't much help with this.

Should we sign out of Entune each time we exit the car, then sign back in when getting in? I was hoping the purpose was to be able to leave the phone in my pocket and use all the Entune apps.

And then, sometimes it works fine. I get into the car, and apps start up without any prompt on the phone.

2. JJay

JJay New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a similar problem when my wife gets in the car first and connects to her phone that isn't enabled for Internet. Then we have to specify which Galaxy Nexus to connect to.
    After Entune boots up and I'm the only one in the car it connects just fine every time. Running Android 4.0.4. Verizon.

3. harrycw

harrycw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I get the same bluetooth requests on my Droid Pro. Toyota feels the phone is the cause and suggests replacing with a different phone. Entune also drops when listening to Pandora after a few minutes, even with good signal strength. I am about due for a phone upgrade, so maybe this will not be an issue next month.

4. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I doubt its the phone. I talked to them and they told me I need to close the app on my phone when I get out of the car. That isn't possible. You can log out, but then you have to log back in again.

I have seen it the last two days that Pandora does connect and play, but it plays through my handset speaker, not the car. :mad:

Wonder if there is a way to plug it into the USB port and get a reliable connect....