1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune App Control?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by aveach, Mar 29, 2018.

1. aveach

aveach New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    From what I keep seeing, it seems like I am supposed to be able to use the Entune App to check things like charge status, charge schedule, door lock/unlock, remote A/C, etc... but I have no options like that whatsoever in my app or on the web interface. Am I missing something here?

2. CraigM

CraigM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Think only the Advanced model has the expanded Entune version that does some of the things you mentioned.

3. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Right. Only the Advanced has the built-in Safety Connect cell phone which is used by those features for the car to talk to the Internet and thence to the Entune application on your smartphone. This is an entirely different process than the media Entune Applications such as Pandora, which use Bluetooth to talk to the smartphone and thence the Internet. The only connection between these two kinds of Entune applications is the name.:rolleyes: The media apps only work when the phone is near the car. The Advanced applications work anywhere the car has cell service and the phone has Internet service (cell or WiFi).

#3 CharlesH, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  4. aveach

aveach New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Ooooffff! Thanks for the info. Had I know that, I may have looked harder at the Advanced model over the Premium... :(

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. The Premium only comes with the Charging Map on Entune. The Advanced adds the "Prime Apps" which are the things you described in your first post.