1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune failed internet connection...but it used to work fine

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Chad T, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Chad T

Chad T Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I recently have had a problem connecting my 2012 Prius to the internet (package 5, JBL). I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 running 4.1.1 JB and had no problems until a few days ago. When I turned on the car, the bluetooth synced up just fine, and I could load up Pandora no problem. Now it tells me "internet connection failed". I have rebooted the phone, reinstalled entune, unpaired and repaired, all to no avail. I can go to devices and touch "connect all" and the message says I am connected for phone and music, but that the internet connection failed, to make sure entune is running on my device. So I have tried having entune running in the foreground when I connect the phone, tried connecting through entune app to the car (also failed), running entune in the background, turning it on before the phone connects, and after. Still get the same error.

Nothing has changed that I can see in either the phone or the car. No updates have happened in this timeframe, no new apps have been installed, no settings have changed. It literally happened overnight. I came home from work, listening to pandora. Went out the next morning and got the error.

Any ideas?

2. bathala

bathala Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Are you connecting your phone by bluetooth or USB?

3. DaWeav

DaWeav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When my S3 was on 4.1.1, it sometimes disabled media audio for no apparent reason and Entune needs Bluetooth media for android devices to work with Entune's multimedia offerings. When your S3 is connected to the Prius, on your S3 goto settings, select bluetooth, then select the little gear symbol next to CAR MULTIMEDIA. Ensure the 'media audio' is selected.

Since upgrading my Sprint S3 (Ting MVNO actually) to 4.1.2, this mysterious bluetooth problem went away. I remember reading somewhere that android 4.1.1 has some strange bluetooth issues. Probably why most manufacturers are now opting to go from ICS 4.0.4 to JB 4.1.2 and leaving 4.1.1 alone.

GT-P7310 ? HD

Chad T likes this.
  4. Chad T

Chad T Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks DaWeav, I tried that and found that it is almost randomly checked or unchecked. If I take a minute after I get in the car and make sure that is checked then it works fine. Wow what a PITA. I sure hope AT&T gets off their butts and updates the GS3 to 4.1.2 or higher soon.

5. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Try uploading your Galaxy to JB 4.1.2 via wwww.sammobile.com. It worked for mine.