1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune Modifications

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by docsnavely, Apr 18, 2013.

1. docsnavely

docsnavely Insert Custom Title Here

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    I'm a week into owning my C3 and am really starting to warm up to the car. I was driving. 2010 gen III with the solar sunroof package but gave that to the Mrs. I was never happy with the old toyota nav unit, but thought it would get better when we bought the next car which was going to have entune...... I guess a little optimism and patience wasn't enough. Entune is horrible. I have an iPhone 5 and am sadly disappointed that the system has yet to receive any significant updates from where it was when the HU debuted. Ford needs to be an example to Toyota for what can be done with a nav system..... Now that I've gotten that off my chest, here's my question.

Has any aspiring modded or tweaker out there come up with a modded instal of the entune software? Even a simple skinning would be nice to see. I've done some cursory searches with nothing fruitful coming up. You would think that since this is a brand wide system that there would be more people out there willing to crack the software and dive in to make some changes. I'd offer up to start it up, however my programming skills are non existent. I just like jailbreaking my phone... Anyone have anything on this?

2. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I read that the code is signed. Basically means that if code is changed it will not run... Hopefully someone finds a way around it.

3. docsnavely

docsnavely Insert Custom Title Here

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Man, that sucks. I wish I had the skills to tear the code down, or a large group of friends who gave a crap about doing it.... Oh well, maybe one day someone will open it up for us.

4. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)New to the Prius, Entune, and PriusChat, it's not uncommon to hear complaints regarding the Entune program. With a Prius Plug In Advance, I use the Charge Management program, and review Dashboard periodically. Two programs I like. I listen to Sirius XM radio, 100% of the time. I've reviewed the other programs and apps and they don't interest me. What's the rub with Entune?

5. Ghoti

Ghoti Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    For me, it's very cantankerous with connecting to my phone - it doesn't work more than one time out of ten. However, I just found an alternative app that works perfectly with my phone (the Nexus 4) for all Entune apps other than (unfortunately) Pandora.

Now if only Google would get off their duff and add MAP support to their Bluetooth stack..