1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune Multimedia System - nice but useless?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Gilbert, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Gilbert

Gilbert Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just found out that the apps on the Entune will be disabled while driving? AGAIN?

Seriously, this is the most annoying thing ive seen in the damn car. If i am on the highway i need to pull in to the shoulder to look up and address or do whatever else i need on the system.

Whats most annoying is that even with a passanger to do it for me, it will still be disabled. I have to risk getting hit by a dumb driver not paying attention on the shoulder of the highway.

Toyota should let this be the drivers responsability, just like the sync system. I can do whatever i want in the entertaiment system of my boss's ford while he drives.

I hope someone finds a way to disable this stupid lock permanently while the car is moving. might as well get out the laptop/ipad and do the stuff there if im stopping the car!

2. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

with Toyota being sued as much as they are, no way they will ever enable it :).

but sure, as much as I know, you can disable that in every toyota, relatively easy.

3. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

That's why Toyota incorporates voice activation. As noted just above Toyota is not going to change its corporate strategy requiring you to pull over to the side if you want to input queries manually. Toyota never has allowed that and I'd bet dollars to donuts that it never will. That's a corporate decision.

But voice activation is simpler and easier to use IMHO. I prefer to enter instructions and queries by voice. That's my personal preference. I also don't want you or anyone else playing with their smart phone or their nav screen or their app screen while on the road.

4. dustmonkey

dustmonkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Me no like Entune, wish I could have opted for seat position memory instead. Entune is Toyota's way of doing their part in bombarding consumers with gadgets and bling until we're convinced we need those things. If you've got a Prius w/nav and a smart phone, how could Entune improve anything?

5. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Like DeadPhish said, use the voice commands to get around the locked functions. It's faster and safer than trying to manually type in a destination while driving down the road. Generally, the eyes forward approach works best for everyone's health :) Eventually all the automotive co's are going to be forced to lock out these functions and voice commands will take their place. Most already are to some extent.

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    With the NHTSB recommending the ban of cell phones and other electronic devices while driving due to the high number of accidents caused by these distractions, I doubt Toyota would have thought about changing it before but not a chance now.

7. Cactus Hybrid

Cactus Hybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I bought a lockpick from Coastal for my 2007. I hope they are working on one for the 2012... Checkout the link below for updates..

TOYOTA LOCKPICKS