1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune Nav traffic, is XM Nav Traffic needed?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by GaR619, Sep 25, 2013.

1. GaR619

GaR619 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Is XM Nav Traffic needed for Entune on a 2013 prius nav to show the colored lines for traffic? Dealer told me that there is no need to subscribe to Nav traffic. I had to for my 2011 Prius with nav(non Entune).

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It depends on the headunit that you have in your 2013 Prius. If you have the 6.1" Display Audio System (the one with the Garmin-looking map display and navigation is called "Maps" under the "Apps" button), then traffic information is through Entune (free).

If you have the 7" audio screen (same as your 2011), then you'll have to get traffic information through an XM subscription.

3. stannc

stannc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the 6.1" Display Audio System in my 2014 IV. What is the source of the data? I see that there's a software date (from 2013) on one screen. Is this updatable via USB? If so, is it a dealer-only download and install? Does anyone know the current version of this software?

Thanks...

4. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    While there is no charge for any of the Entune apps on the Display Audio system (including Traffic), they all rely on data from your cellphone, connected either via Bluetooth or USB.

The current version of Entune for Display Audio systems is 3.2.0. It is supposed to be a dealer-only update (via USB), but many of us here have followed these instructions on the ToyotaNation forum and have been able to install the most recent updates with no problems.

5. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think Toyota is moving away from XM Traffic for the 2014 model yr. Before this it is through XM Nav Traffic, which is free for 3 yrs if I'm not mistaken on at least '12 model yr. The new service is from the FM radio frequencies which should be absolutely free. Which one is more accurate is beyond me...

I posted in another thread the latest map updates currently available as of last week. I'm pretty confident 2013 data is the latest, until somewhere around Oct. at least.

You can do the updates yourself. Someone is posting Entune updates for one Nav version as mentioned, or you can actually purchase them if you want to from:

https://toyota.service-solutions.com/index.aspx

if you want to do it yourself. Entune is different from map updates. The costs add up for map update do it yourselfers though, unless you find a group to share the USB dongle and $55 TIS subscription to generate the install codes, at least the ethical way, which means each install requires an Activation card purchase.

SCH-R530M ?

#5 jzchen, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  6. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the link, but I'm getting: The Requested Page is Currently Unavailable.

7. stannc

stannc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for all the quick replies!
    I plan on doing the Entune update from 3.1 to 3.2 as soon as I have a few minutes.
    As far as the map update, since I just got the car new on 5/16/14, I'm going to ask the dealer if they'll at least make sure I have the current version "out the door". I called Toyota tech support and they acted like it was something that I shouldn't know about and to just contact the dealer.
    -Stan

8. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Sorry, I updated the link. On the upper left there is a search feature. If you are curious about the available USBs switch the pull down from Tool Number to Tool Name, type USB in the field, and click search. A whole list should come up. You kind of have to know which you'd want/need...

ftl likes this.