1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune: Pandora (and iHeartRadio) controllable from the touchscreen?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by BluetoothEdsel, Feb 9, 2014.

?
  1. Yes, it works!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, what a piece of broken, unstable technology it is! Don't waste your money!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Basically works despite some glitches.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It won't work while driving.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BluetoothEdsel

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does Entune let you operate Pandora (and iHeartRadio), and change stations from the touchscreen while driving?

I'm thinking of buying a liftback Package III and have been shown the nav, etc., on test drives. However, when I ask the salespeople to demo Pandora, they're always unable to do it because it apparently requires various subscriptions and logins (one for Entune, then another one to sync the Entune subscription to Pandora, etc.) When test driving a Mazda3 I just paired my phone's Bluetooth to the car and was able to access my Pandora account from the car's touchscreen, switch among my various stations, etc. I'm trying to find out if I'll be able to do that with the Prius, and if so, will it allow me to do those things while driving.

In my current car I can stream Pandora as I do any other audio from my phone through the aux jack. The problem is, on longer trips Pandora will inevitably time out or drop out in spots with no data coverage, and since I can't fiddle with the phone's interface while driving to resuscitate Pandora, I end up driving the second half of the trip in silence. It'd also be nice to switch among my Pandora stations during a trip. (Haven't played much with iHeartRadio but it looks like a similar idea.) Anyway - I'm hoping my new car will be able to access and change Internet audio from the car's display. Will Entune let me do this?

Am currently using Android, though iOS isn't out of the question for the future. Thanks for any tips!

2. BluetoothEdsel

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok, just found this video of a Prius v 2012 demo. Will it work roughly like this on the Liftback, and does it allow you to change Pandora stations, and/or switch among audio apps, while driving?

(Pandora part is at 6:39 if the video embed loses the cue time.)