1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Entune radio knobs

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by cutter44, Jun 9, 2015.

1. cutter44

cutter44 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I discovered shortly after I bought my (used) 2012 C 4 that I couldn't turn off the radio. The volume knob didn't push in to turn off. Not a big deal, but I mentioned it to the dealer and they ordered me a new replacement knob. In the meantime (thanks to a suggestion here), I just swapped the tuning knob over to the volume side and it's all fine. But I also discovered that the tuning knob side does push in – even with the broken knob – and not only that, it beeps when you push it. What is it supposed to be doing other than tune stations/change tracks? The Entune radio has a separate function for tone, balance, fader, etc., so it isn't doing that with the knob. Any ideas?

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The tuning knob definitely does nothing but beep when you press it while listening to the radio. But there's a note in the manual that pushing the tuning button allows selecting from a list of tracks when playing a CD:

"TUNE/SCROLL” knob: Turn this knob to
    select a desired track. Also, the knob can
    be used for selection from the list display."

I've never played a CD in my car, but I wonder if this also works when playing tracks from a smartphone or USB player.

3. cutter44

cutter44 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the reply. I'll play around with it a bit with that in mind.