1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

eroxie

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by eroxie, Apr 20, 2008.

1. eroxie

eroxie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I've been a guest for some time now and have loved reading all the threads. Sad to say I'm not a Prius owner as of yet. But, I'm working full time on convincing my hubby that it is worth the money. See, he doesn't believe in buying any car newer than 10 yrs old, and the Prius hasn't been around that long. I've noticed that salvage title Prius sell for less, has anyone bought one? They look ok, but do they operate the same?

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Welcome to PriusChat. I hope you can persuade your husband to get a Prius. I haven't heard of anyone on here with a salvaged Prius. I know that I have seen quite a few salvaged Prii on ebay, most selling for 16,000-19,000 for a 2006-2008. I know that you usually cannot get financing. I personally would feel better off getting a 2004 Prius with a clean title than a 2008 Prius with a salvaged title, I guess I just like piece of mind.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi eroxie, welcome to PriusChat! :welcome:
    Actually, the Prius has been around 10 years, but there were some significant improvements in the 2004+ hatchback over the classic sedan model. The 2004 was the first year of this current model and like many new models, it had a few problems that were worked out in following years. I think you can be completely confident in buying a used 2005+ Prius. As for buying a salvage car, you really don't know what you are getting. Since the Prius is a computer data center on wheels, with three networks and dozens of computers, plus fancy motor/generators and inverters, putting a Prius back on the road can be a bit more complicated that putting a conventional car back together.

Good luck on finding and getting a Prius! You'll love the car when you get it.

4. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    welcome to PC :)

care to share with us the theory behind not buying a car thats less than 10yrs old? sounds interesting...but with a car like the Prius, it should be a no brainer:p;):D

5. theborghomeworld

theborghomeworld New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius