1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

error adding attachments

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by betshsu, Mar 24, 2005.

1. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I tried attaching a photo last night (and throughout the day today) and keep getting an error message. After I navigate to the photo and click add attachment, I get an error message (varies depending on the browser--I've tried both Safari and Firefox). Then if I click on anything else (add attachment again, preview, submit post, etc) I get a message that my post has already been submitted (which it hasn't). Not sure what's going on.

2. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I seem to get an error if the attachment I try to add is large. Pictures cause problems if they are not cropped or reduced in size. I try to keep the picture size down below 200KB. I'm not sure if there is an attachment size limit for PriusChat. Maybe someone else does.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had tha problem I think it might be because the image is too large. I just posted a pic in the Ugly Car thread. IE had the "we've encountered an error..." thingy. IE closed but when I came back, the pic was posted. weird

4. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Seems like we could have had this conversation in the thread I was trying to post the pic it :).

I think the file size limit for a photo is 750 KB. The first picture I tried to attach was too large, and I got the error message that the file size was too large. I edited it so it's now around 500 KB, but maybe it is still too large; when I have a chance, I'll try to bring the file size down again.

The error message I get in Safari if that "the page could not load because it contains no data" or something like that--I've encountered that error message in other situations and can usually just refresh the page. In Firefox, I don't actually get an error message--the little arrow just stops its animation like it's finished loading, but it hasn't actually added the attachment.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A workaround if you're having problems adding a picture as an attachment is to upload it to the gallery (there's an auto-resize function there) and link to it in your post.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Alright, thanks Danny for that tip!

7. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Bringing the file size down as jrfaris suggested worked.