1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error Code C1310 - Please help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SamM, Mar 26, 2014.

1. SamM

SamM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a 2004 Prius with 80k miles. Always has been a workhorse.
    Recently had a bad cell in the HV battery. Battery rebuilt with new cell and now works great.
    Now it runs about 20 miles and then displays dash lights of red triangle and small exclamation (brake?) and VSC.
    I took it to Advance Auto and their scanner reads C1310 'Malfunction in HV system'.
    I actually replaced the entire HV battery again with the battery from my friend's car, and the 12V battery too, but no help. Same error.
    If i disconnect the 12v battery for a while, it will clear the code and the car runs fine for about 20 miles and then dash lights come on again.
    Car runs perfectly, over 50mpg even with the dash lit up.
    Any ideas what that code is?
    Thanks!
    Sam

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you want to have the codes read properly, you need to get a Prius specific code reader. The parts store used a generic one which is not sufficient. Most DIY types here get the mini VCI cable from eBay, or other vendors. Also Torque, and the ScangaugeII will work.

The C1310 is not specific enough to give any help in locating the problem, there will be other info picked up by the mini VCI.

3. SamM

SamM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK thanks! I'll pick up the mini vci and post the results here.

SFO likes this.