1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error code P0A0F, P0A93

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by oxnardprof, Oct 2, 2009.

1. oxnardprof

oxnardprof Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just to report my experience.

Last night the red triangle appeared, so I took it in to Ventura Toyota today. The codes P0A0F and P0A93 indicated the inverter pump failed.

I do have the extended warranty, so my 2004 90K mile Prius was covered for the pump replacement ($309). However, that repair did not include the coolant flush.

So, I had the coolant flush performed since they were opening the system anyway for the inverter pump. This was $240, less 10 % coupon.

The brakes had never been services, so I took this opportunity for the brake fluid flush. They met competitor price of $120.

The serpentine belt was cracked, needed replacement. I was aware of this, but had not taken care of it yet. This came to $88. (I actually expected a lower price, but they promised to take care of me on my next visit.)

Finally the oil change of $30. This is the price from an expired coupon that they honored.

I still have to change the engine and cabin air filters, but this fix is easy, I do it myself.

The total repair came to $450, not counting the $300 for the pump.

2. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Overall not too bad, the $240 for the coolant flush was probably where they got you the most, did that also include a coolant replacement and flush for the engine as well.
    The brake service probably wasn't a bad price because that is something you definitely can't do yourself.
    Serpentine belts are fairly easy to do yourself but can be a major pain at times because there just is not a whole lot of room in there.

3. oxnardprof

oxnardprof Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The coolant flush was for the engine as well, or so they said.