1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error Codes all at once: P0A80, P0420, P1116

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kevin Lester, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Kevin Lester

Kevin Lester Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Folks!

My lovely 2005 Prius just went over the 200k mark last week, and guess what came up yesterday? The Red Triangle!

Took it into a local shop in Flagstaff. They did an oil change and replaced the front brakes, as needed. Then they pulled three error codes: P0A80, P0420, P1116.

Which is apparently the HV battery, the Cat, and some sort of coolant sensor. I've had the coolant sensor one come up before, but I'm surprised to get both the battery and cat at the same magical time.

Would there have been any warning signs about the battery ahead of time? The car has been running great - getting decent milage, and I've been watching the charge meter like a paranoid fellow since I know the car is getting up there in age, and I haven't noticed any changes in the charging. Car runs fine now, as far as I can tell. The lights are all out, I'm assuming from it being reset at the shop.

Any chances I'll be lucky and not need to replace the battery or the cat? I've been virtually out of work for a year and a half after getting laid off and could use some luck. :)

If I need them replaced or more thoroughly looked at, anyone have a great place to recommend in Arizona (particular near Flagstaff)?

-Kevin

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there's always a chance of getting lucky. a bad hv battery is usually accompanied by reduced mpg's, a louder cooling fan, and/or wild fluctuations in the battery gauge.