1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

error U2300 P actuator

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by adamtg, Mar 25, 2024.

1. adamtg

adamtg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello everyone
    I have a problem with my P3. It's about the P controller that blocks it from starting.
    Car is at the dealer who read the error. Battery has been checked and charged 12.7 v.
    P-con fuse checked.voltage at 12.5v.
    I looked at the post from the P2 forum and the pin, no oxidation.

My handler is busy and it may take a while before he can measure further.

Has anyone had such a problem with the P3? Can you dismantle the P controller without removing the gearbox?
    Can I use the Prius techstream and a USB K+DCAN to work

Attached Files:

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The only part that is mounted on the gearbox is the small electric motor for engaging/disengaging the parking mechanism. The rest, including the ECU that controls it, is inside the cabin.

This wiki page describes how to access the car's repair manuals. The rates for access at the EU site are better than they are for us in the US. You will probably have best results by looking over the troubleshooting steps offered there; they may include things to check that you could otherwise overlook.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

3. adamtg

adamtg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks .Today send me the dealer mail .
    He say that the adjustment unit is defective. I think he means ACTUATOR ASSY, SHIFT CONTROL.