1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error Updating NAV DVD: "please insert correct map disk"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by LOLGuy, Oct 10, 2007.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I followed the instructions in this thread to combine the 6.1 data with the 4.2 LOADING.KWI file [LINKY] and while all seemed well once the DVD was inserted, a few minutes later I received the following message "please insert correct map disk" along with what looked to be Japanese or Chinese characters below.

I tried reinserting the actual 6.1 disk and then the original 4.2 but I cannot get rid of that error message. I've tried disconnecting power and other cabling from the DVD unit without a change.

Suffice it to say, NAV and maps are not available.

Would anyone have a suggestion or fix for my problem?

Thanks

John

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the link. I've unplugged all inputs from the NAV box and will try the reset in the AM. Thanks, again.

John

4. bill02888

bill02888 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That reset button seems to merely be the eject button. The eject slider next to the DVD slot presses the button through the hole in the metal case when you slide it to the "open" position.

I am still stuck with the "please insert correct map disc" screen while trying to perform the same hybrid install. Anybody get past this? Maybe I just need to leave the nav ECU disconnected from the car for 10+ minutes? I only had it out for a couple of minutes when I pressed that button (through the metal hole) for about 20 seconds. Maybe disconnecting negative 12V battery for 10 minutes would accomplish the same thing?

5. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No, there's another switch on one of the circuit boards inside.

6. bill02888

bill02888 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got past the problem. No switch push required. I only had to disconnect the ribbon cable -- which I did for about 50 seconds although I suspect that I didn't have had it disconnected for quite that long.

7. robertji

robertji New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have the same problem,anyone has the the solution? Thanks