1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Eternally Empty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dahgu, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Dahgu

Dahgu New Member

I had to fuel up for the second time since buying the new 2008. The fuel gauge has never responded to the full tank, not after 2 days. I figured that the car would "get around" to noticing more gas when it felt like it.

After failing to get results searching the forums, I decided to post this in hopes that there is a quick fix. Otherwise, I'll head on down to the Toyota dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Perhaps you could lean forward and tap the display a few times in case it's stuck. :-D

Let's see if Galaxy weighs in on this one before you head to the dealer. Could be something simple or not.

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My fuel gauge seems to lag behind the tank when I fill it, but only by a few minutes. Did yours work the first time? If not, I'd guess it's the fuel sensor. The fix may be simple, but I suspect it will still involve a trip to the dealer.

4. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm on my 3rd tank on my '08 and the gauge will show full by the time I leave the gas station. Yeah, it's not immediate, but 1 bar per second is about the rate that it shows on the gauge.

Mike

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    have you put in more than 3 gallons? if so, something's up and you should head to the dealer.

6. Dahgu

Dahgu New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Nov 12 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]538617[/snapback]</div>
    HA! Yes, it was a whopping 8 gallons. After my first fill up, the gauge worked just fine. I suppose I'll have to guess when I need the 3rd tank. :D

I'll take it in tomorrow morning and see how things go.