1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ethanol car wins fuel efficiency challenge

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, May 24, 2006.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://news.com.com/Ethanol+car+wins+fuel+...ml?tag=nefd.pop

"An ethanol-powered vehicle engineered by students from the Lycee La Joliverie took top honors at the Shell Eco-marathon, a contest to build a car that can drive as far as possible using the least amount of energy.

The vehicle averaged an astounding 2,885 kilometers per liter, or approximately 6,786 miles per gallon, according to an announcement released Sunday by race officials.

While the car did not break last year's record of 9,023 mpg, it was significant in that it was an ethanol-powered vehicle. Hydrogen-powered vehicles, which were predicted to win early on in the race, became runners-up..."

I'll have to read up the details of these tiny cars and the speeds they ran at (apparently very low).

edit: Whoops, sorry. Duplicate post. I searched for ethanol and got no recent hits.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    OK, I applaud the groups and their spectacular accomplishment. Bravo.

At the time time, you gotta make it fun as this pink condom-shaped vehicle proves.
    [​IMG]
    Notice the sperm clinging on just off behind the number.

3. GasGuzzler87

GasGuzzler87 New Member

ok 1) that vehicle is funny as hell looking

2) the fuel itself is not more efficient as it takes 1.8 gallons o fethanol/gas mixutre to equal the energy 1 gallon of conventional gas.

I know if I run ethanol my car hates it.