1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Euro/Jap/Aussies: Got floor anchor?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by naterprius, Dec 28, 2004.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Attention all non-us owners: Does your Prius have an anchor to accommodate the top tether for rear facing child seats? Please check your owner's manual for me, as it may be a dealer installed item. If there is a part number listed, please post it! (And photos please?)

Thanks!

A picture of what I'm talking about is attached.

2. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Not having any kids, Ive never really paid attention, but there is no teather point on the floor AFAIK. We have the ISOFIX system as standard.

I dont recall ever seeing a rear facing seat with a top teather, so maybe thats a USA specific feature?
    From the RAC web site :
    http://www.rac.co.uk/carcare/advice/safety...ild_seat_safety

The rear facing infant carrier includes an integral harness, held in place by the car's lap and diagonal seat belt, for use in the front or rear seat.

Never use a rear facing infant carrier or rear facing child seat on the front seat in a car with a passenger airbag.

3. Batavier

Batavier Member

Nope, no floor anchor in my Prius either.

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks guys. The seat I have is actually a Britax (British made) and is one of the few designed to have the top tether anchored while facing rearward. Unfortunately, almost no USA made cars have such an anchor. It may be part of the seatback; I'll have to do more investigation. If one of you could check your owner's manual, I'd be much obliged.

Nate