1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Euro-Tuned" suspension on 2007 Touring ed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by junglebike, Mar 29, 2007.

1. junglebike

junglebike New Member

Anyone driven the "euro" suspension back-to-back with the standard version? Comments on ride and handling? I haven't heard anything from magazines or forums on this change.

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Howdy junglebike

I did just that last November. I had been driving my '04 Prius for over 2 years, looking to trade up to an '07. The dealer had both Touring and Standards in stock. I drove both. I had the advantage of 2 years in my '04 plus driving both Standard and Touring '07's.

I found the Touring Edition to handle a bit better, particularly on turns. The ride was more 'firm' and had a little 'more in control' feel than the standard. I theorized that the Bridgestone Turanza tires would provide greater grip on the pavement with their larger 'footprint.' The package I wanted {loaded = Package 6} was only $270 more than the same package in the Standard which I thought was incidental... in fact, the dealer absorbed more than that in the trade offer.

After trading for the 2007 Touring Edition, I tried the 40/38 psi tire pressures which I had been using on my 2004 Prius, but within a few weeks changed back in steps to the Toyota-recommended 35/33 psi for the better ride. It appears I took about a 2 MPG reduction in my fuel economy.

My 2¢ worth.