1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

European Leaf has an official 109 mile range

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by GrumpyCabbie, Mar 16, 2011.

1. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Nissan Leaf sold in Europe has an official range of 109 miles on a single charge using the European Driving Cycle - the same test used to measure fuel consumption in conventional vehicles.

You+Nissan

Obviously this doesn't mean you will obtain this range under all driving circumstances but it does give an official idea of how far you can go in ideal conditions.

1 person likes this.
  2. johalareewi

johalareewi Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Trouble is the UK/EU official mpg figures are prety near imposible to achieve in real life driving. Wonder how Leaf owners can have a fuelly page? Will be interesting to see what the typical range is.

3. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

it will be a bit better or a bit worse, depending if you drive on interstates or local highways... but in general, Europeans drive less than Americans so it should really be a lot better fit.

4. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hmmm you mean like the official rating of 74 UK mpg for the Prius? I can manage that - if I take it steady.

I know the Euro ratings are more best case figures whereas the Amercian ratings reflect real life more. But I was trying to show that the Leaf can go much further than the 70 miles US rating under more ideal conditions.

5. johalareewi

johalareewi Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My average mpg is closer to the USA-EPA figures than the UK ones. On the odd trip I can get the official UK figures too but can't do it consistently.

6. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Must be those metric miles :)

7. krelborne

krelborne New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nah, they have bigger kwhs over there. :)

8. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You're doing it wrong :p

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Indeed. The only time I beat the Canadian official figures for the Gen 2 (4.0/4.2L/100km or 71/67 Imp MPG) is when the car's fully warmed up (We were down to 1 car at one point because a taxi totalled our other car so we ended up carpooling, dropping off my brother then my dad and I would take the car and do the reverse in the afternoon since my work day is the shortest of the three of us). That commute took 2 hours on surface streets (no highway driving involved) and it was in the middle of summer. It was that summer that I managed to finish a tank with 3.9L/100km (72mpg) showing on the MFD.

10. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    My Nissan Leaf Forum • View topic - So, owners what range are you getting ?

On my sub-urban 35-40 mph commute in wintry Seattle I get between 82 and 110 miles per charge (using the 3.4 to 4.6 miles/kwh efficiency figures shown by Leaf) depending on things like use of pre-heat, use of climate control, temperature and how I drive.

5 people like this.