1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured EV Batteries: A $240 Billion Industry In The Making That China Wants To Take Charge Of

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Spindifferent, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Spindifferent

Spindifferent Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I am reflecting on the NiMH battery fiasco, a patent sitting and abuse case, and snickering. All Texaco/Ovonics/GM accomplished is funding LiON development and commercialization. As for any country trying to monopolize LiON production ... HAHAHAHAHAHA!

History suggests that such attempts only succeed in seeding their replacement.

Bob Wilson

Andyprius1 likes this.
  3. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  4. Rmay635703

Rmay635703 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
  5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    it'd be expected that China (notorious for fake copies of every thing from cars to watches to high end fake fashion, to motorcycles to sun glasses to .... you get the point, hopefully) may likely reverse engineer most anything that comes out of their new tesla manufacturing plant. Then ... let's see if Tesla gets tossed out of china. hopefully that's a worse case scenario. If it happens ... my hope is the day after they spend tons of $$$$ doing the typical thing they're notorious for .... the next day will be the day solid state batteries' media disclosure & massive ramp up starts.
    ;)