1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Drive Mode & Solar Panel Ventilation

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I found a bit of juicy info and I was wondering if anyone could translate this for me (and no I don't mean babelfish cause I tried but among the broken English, it seemed to have some good info)

だが、せっかくソーラーパネルを装備したのに残念な面もある。現行の20型プリウスは駐車時に車内温度が上がると駆動用のニッケル水素バッテリーも温度が上昇するため、電池保護のためモーターのみで走行できるEVモードを受け付けないことがある。例えば箱根の山の上などに行き駐車しておいて、下るときはエンジンをかけずにEVモードで走り出したくてもダメだった。新型のソーラーベンチレーションシステムはエアコンのファンを回すが、ニッケル水素バッテリーの冷却ファンは回さないという。車内温度が下がればバッテリーが熱くならない可能性もあるので、現行型よりEVモードを受け付ける機会は多くなるだろうが、できればバッテリー用のファンも同時に駆動してほしかった。

Also in that same article, they said the electricity produced by the solar panels is peanuts and not really worth charging the battery. :confused: Any thoughts?

However, further down, it also mentions noise interference from the solar panels and something about an antenna. They've also had some problems (or solved the problem of) solar cells and colour???

It also mentions the A/C uses 2/3rds the amount of energy of the previous A/C unit in the Prius.