1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV electric mode upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hi.in.la, May 13, 2006.

1. hi.in.la

hi.in.la New Member

Just upgraded a two items in my 2006 Prius. Auto door locks and enhanced EV mode up to 34 mph. Installation went great, no hitches and everything works as it should, but now the check engine light is on. Any ideas as to how to get it to go off in lieu of taking it to the dealer?

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Remove the EV mode mod and see if it clears.

What EV mod did you install? They are different.

3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Turn the car on and off a few time. Try about 5 times. I had the same problem when I tested my car for EV. I turned on the car by accident with the ECU plug unplugged. :eek: The warning light went off after a few times of restarting the car. :D

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    about 3 restarts should do it.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This usually occurs when you accidently try to start the car with the ECU plug out. As Gal mentioned 3 cycles of restart should clear it.

6. Tripod137

Tripod137 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DavidWior @ May 13 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]254774[/snapback]</div>
    Coastal door locks? Under what condition do they work? Once each time you turn the car on? Once each time you get out of PARK?

7. hi.in.la

hi.in.la New Member

Thanks very much for the information and replies. The car took care of itself, 3 or 4 times of on and off and it cleared right up.

Love the two upgrades, but that EV enhanced mode sure eats up the battery power quickly. Stealth mode is terrific. Waiting to see how the gas mileage changes.

David Wior

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KTPhil @ May 13 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]254785[/snapback]</div>

The car took care of itself as you said. Didn't realize there were more than one EV mod. I purchased it from a outlet company in Florida, I believe. I bought the XM radio, door locks, and EV mode which is engaged throught the cruise control stick. It all works very well and I'm very happy. The installation guides were great and no hitches for anything.

I'm mechanically inclined, but I'm not a mechanic, by any stretch.
    Thanks for your input.

D

8. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tripod137 @ May 13 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]254861[/snapback]</div>
    They work once after you power up when you go over 15 mph. They do not unlock when you stop. Also, if you drop someone off without powering down, it will not re-lock that door.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DavidWior @ May 15 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]255728[/snapback]</div>
    Glad it worked out! Just so you know, the EV mod is activated by grounding one pin (#27) to ground. You can get an OEM button, which fits in the blank next to the dimmer wheel. You can make it work via the "flash to pass" part of the headlight stalk, add a button of your own and put it anywhere and Coastal's. Each has advantages and disadvantages.