1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Indicator

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by thegame460, Aug 20, 2013.

1. thegame460

thegame460 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hi Everyone! This is my first post. I'm recently new to the Prius family. Just purchased a 2013 Prius C. I've been dring the car for about a month now and have alittle under 2,000 miles logged. Within the last few days I've noticed things that were not happening prior to these days.

1. The car operates in EV but the indicator does not come on.
    2. When releasing the gas pedal to activate EV, it won't come on unless I'm fully off the pedal.
    3. Gas Engine shakes or jumps violently when starting up or shutting down.
    4. Excessive reving from Gas Engine while at a Red Light or while driving at 40+ MPH, this will stop if I lift the pedal and reapply.
    5. Headlights are not as bright compared to first use.
    6. Fuel consumption for my daily drive to work has gone from 65 mpg to 50-55 mpg.
    7. While driving in EV indicator goes on and off.

Any help would be appreciated. Hope to learn more from this forum and everyone here.

- Josh

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Check your vent in your back seat... sounds like maybe a partial block.

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's quite a laundry list of diverse symptoms.
    I'd be hesitant to think there is one simple answer.

Since you have a new vehicle, I'd simply keep your list and get your concerns at least communicated with the service department. If you aren't throwing any codes, it might be difficult to get anyone to admit you have a problem. But any real problems are likely to get worse. You have nothing to lose by documenting now.

The stock response whenever anyone with a Prius shows up with "poltergeist" like symptoms is to check the 12 vlt battery. Would be easy for the dealership, and perhaps you got a lemon of a battery.

But just like a medical condition, unfortunately sometimes things have to get worse before they can be tracked down and treated. Documentation of your concerns while you are under warranty would be a good first step.

4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Where are you located? Somewhere hot would be my guess.