1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Mode at 55MPH

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by TheSpoils, Aug 2, 2009.

1. TheSpoils

TheSpoils Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    II
    On a 75 mile highway commute traveling 55-65 MPH I noticed that when you release the gas pedal, the Energy screen shows the ice as cutting off "no red arrows flowing". During this time the white arrows flow from the front tire to the battery (which i interpret as regen) however, feathering the accelerator pedal will reverse the arrows from the battery to the hybrid engine and front wheels but no red arrows from the ice. Does that mean that effectively I am in hyper ev mode? I can only duplicate it for about 10 seconds at a time. Can anyone shed some light.

1 person likes this.
  2. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I believe that is what people here commonly refer to as "stealth" mode. It is generally thought to kick out of that mode at 46mph, but I have personally observed it as high as 55-60mph on a slight downgrade.

3. krousdb

krousdb NX-74205

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In the Gen 2 it is called Warp Stealth. It's not really EV. The ICE is spinning courtesy of MG1 ad the battery, but no fuel is being used. I think it is the same with the 2010, but I can't be sure.

4. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    STEALTH offers a max speed of 45 MPH with engine RPM at 0.

"Warp" is anything faster, since the engine is then spinning but not using any fuel.

EV really doesn't mean much beyond when you engage it via the button.

2 people like this.