1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Mode button from 2012 Prius c?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by lparker, Apr 13, 2012.

1. lparker

lparker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After having a look in and around a new 2012 Prius c, I was wondering if the EV Mode button could be ordered from the Toyota parts department, and if it could be fitted to the Gen 2's?

Has anyone tried this yet? I've got a 2007, and plan to do the ev mode button mod, but really wanted to use an original looking button. I don't mind doing a bit of trimming and such to make it fit, although it does look to be the same size, and I imagine it uses the same 4 pin plug as the former switch that Sigma had.

Anyway, I thought I ask first before I try to order one to see if anyone else had tried or had any reason why it might not work.

Thanks!

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I couldn't tell you if it would work or not--I'm so cheap that I use a $2 momentary switch--but you will likely have to wait months for C parts to be available. No 2012 C, V, PHV, or other Toyota hybrids have parts listed in the online catalog yet.

3. grayghost

grayghost New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello, I ordered the EV button today from my local Toyota dealer for our 2007 Prius. Evidently it's the same button as they use in the 2012 Highlander, (or so I read somewhere). As for now until it arrives, I just used a momentary switch I had laying around, works great for my first official mod, (since I've only had the car a week)! ;) Thanks