1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Mode Original Manufactures Equipment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by xaf2221, Apr 26, 2008.

1. xaf2221

xaf2221 Junior Member

Where can original Toyota parts be purchased to install the electric only (EV) mode switch? I want the vehicle to look and respond just like it would if it was factory installed (as I feel it really should have been). How about the original owner’s manual that makes reference to the switch and the proper use; has anyone seen one of those manuals, and I wonder if the manuals are available in English.

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The factory EV switch is available from Sigma Automotive – Toyota Hybrid Prius 2004 - 2009 OEM & JDM auto accessoriesfor $75.

You did not fil in your profile so I don't know what year your Prius is. There was a chamge in EV switch size in the last couple of years, so be sure toget the right one.

The EV switch is available everywhere but North America so their manuals will show them. Perhaps you can have someone send you a copy of that page of the owners manual.

If you know anyone that travels to Japan you can get them to get you the switch there, thats what I did.

3. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A