1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV mode possible on Pruis (I)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by SteveWlf, Oct 20, 2012.

1. SteveWlf

SteveWlf Old-on-Hold

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Now that I introduced myself and car in the previous post. I wanted to throw out a question that I have found an answer in two evening of searches or YouTube videos.
    I see and understand the seeming simple process of doing this mode on the Prius II however I'm not sure if there is a EV function pin on the early Prius I ECU. When I look at the connector pinout in the electrical manual, connector H14 pin 27 is located in a different location. In other word the pin layout is not the same as shown on http://www.eaa-phev.org/wiki/Prius_EV_Mode_Button

In fact if I look at connector H14, pin 27 in the wiring (block) diagram, it is designated as ETH- going to the engine control module, connector E9 pin 27. Not sure how all this relates to the Prius II ECU since that pin is vacant in OEM connector (pre EV mod).

I'm looking advice about the possibility of doing this simple EV mode mod if it is possible.

Thanks,

Steve

2. SteveWlf

SteveWlf Old-on-Hold

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Now that I introduced myself and car a the previous post. I wanted to throw out a question that I haven't found an answer in two evening of searches or YouTube videos.
    I see and understand the seeming simple process of doing this mode on the Prius II however I'm not sure if there is a EV function pin on the early Prius I ECU. When I look at the connector pinout in the electrical manual, connector H14 pin 27 is located in a different location. In other word the pin layout is not the same as shown on Prius EV Mode Button - EAA-PHEV

In fact if I look at connector H14, pin 27 in the wiring (block) diagram, it is designated as ETH- going to the engine control module, connector E9 pin 27. Not sure how all this relates to the Prius II ECU since that pin is vacant in OEM connector (pre EV mod).

I'm looking advice about the possibility of doing this simple EV mode mod if it is possible.

Thanks,

Steve

3. NinnJinn

NinnJinn Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would be interested as well!! I want to do a PHEV, but if there is no ICE kill switch for the GEN1 then why waste the money. I take my kids to school since there is no bus route in town, but the 2.5mile round trip with 14 stop signs per round trip, engine doesn't warm up until i'm almost home in the mornings, by then I have lost some MAJOR MPG!!!!

I have tried a route with only 6 stop signs per round trip, but personally I don't see much benefit of making a 7 mile round trip just to avoid 8 stop signs.......