1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Mode/Warentee

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bpace, Jun 23, 2005.

1. bpace

bpace New Member

I want to install the electric mode kit from Coastal Electronics but I am afraid what if anything just installing it will do the warrantee. Same applies to the auto door lock. Anyone have any experience with Toyota after installing such things? Any other tidbits with the installations or use of these modifications?

2. bpace

bpace New Member

Sure would be nice if I could spell Warentee correctly! Like Warranty

3. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a LOT of posts already on PriusChat on the EV and warranties. No one really knows if the warranty would be voided or not. There are federal laws protecting car owners who install after market parts from getting the warranty denied. But, Toyota is a very big company and if the HV failed and Toyota denied the warranty, you may have to sue to get relief. They would have to prove the EV caused the failure.

Info on Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

4. ~sparky~

~sparky~ New Member

bpace - check the 'performance mods' section of the forums - there is extensive discussion there.