1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Mode

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Marc VT, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Marc VT

Marc VT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I've been reading over the posts here and I am a bit confused as I've read several posts that suggest the EV moode is mostly useless. I disagree. I've noticed that it's a great help in gaining speed faster without the ICE, when taking off from a stop. Especially if I'm in traffic and I don't want to annoy drivers behing me.

I've noticed that conditions have to be met in order to do this, such as engine warmed up etc. but I find it very helpful, and I am seeing improved MPG when doing this.

I've had my 2013 PRius v Two for almost a month now. I am 52 yrs old and can't remember when I've had so much fun with a new car. It's actually mostly for my wife to use so I'm seriously thinking that we may someday be a 2 Prius Family!! :)

2. Kensterfly

Kensterfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I don't see how you can accelerate quickly in EV mode without kicking into the ICE. My understanding is that EV is just for creeping around. I can see starting off from a red light in EV but I sure don't get gaining speed quickly with it.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! all the best looking for number two!(y)

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree its helpful in specific circumstances at stop lights. I use it when I have a good SOC and am heading downhill from the light. There are some circumstances when it will hurt MPG, and some where it will help, it's up to you to figure out which is which. And there are always circumstances when the computer will over-ride you even with a warm ICE.