1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Mode

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by krzysiu, May 16, 2010.

1. krzysiu

krzysiu Will knock you out...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hey all,
    New to the boards. Thanks for having me. I am having a tough time finding a good explanation of EV mode. I am aware that it is when the vehicle is utilizing electric power only. However, I have seen some information that the vehicle must be up to temperature etc. Also, with a "full charge" how long would you be able to last in EV mode? I know there are probably tons of variables, but let's just say in gridlock on a flat expressway of Chicago. Thanks again, your input is greatly appreciated.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here is the latest thread on use of the EV mode... there are plenty others. Use the search function.
    Welcome aboard!

3. krzysiu

krzysiu Will knock you out...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks a lot spiderman, getting my feet wet with the layout. I'm going to check out the link for sure!

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    generally a mile or so on flat land at low speeds. the engine won't come on until the battery gets low or you press too hard on the accellerator or reach too high a speed. then it will go into warm up mode. all the best!

5. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Don't worry about the EV mode, the way it's currently configured makes it pretty useless IMHO. The Prius automatically uses the electric motors when your speed is under 45mph and acceleration is light, as long as the battery has juice.

6. telmo744

telmo744 HSD fanatic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    EV is very good when, in town, you know the road ahead, and do not want to bring ICE to work, or want deliberately to use batt because you are approaching a hill descent.