1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Question about Part #82998-126900

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Smooth Operator, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Smooth Operator

My EV button and housing has arrived from Japan. I won't likely have a weekend to work on this for a couple of weeks anyway, but I'm curious about this Toyota part number 82998-126900.

Is this part the part that is the pin that goes into the ECU, meaning that if I order the Toyota part I don't have to muck about with the steering column?

Or is the part number the connector to connect the wires to the EV button housing, so that I don't have to search out those connectors?

I believe the price for the Toyota part is C$14.00 (or was it C$17.00?). I'm guessing the Radio Shack part is less and may be the smarter purchase.

2. ifftster

ifftster New Member

I believe its the receptacle pin so you don't have to mess with the flasher. How'd you get the button from Japan? been looking to get a hold of them myself.

3. aliendaycare

aliendaycare New Member

There was a guy who purchased a bunch of switches a while back for the small group that was actively wathing these forums. He can't do it again.
    Coastal Dave has a solution, but it's not the illuminated EV button from Japan. Boo.
    I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of this button on Ebay.
    I haven't asked my dealer about it yet either...

- AlienDaycare

4. Smooth Operator

I think I am actually going to end up with two of the buttons. The second one is already spoken for if it arrives.)

I have a friend who sometimes homestays Japanese students who come to Vancouver to take English language courses. He contacted a former student who arranged for me to get the first one.

I also spoke with the man who owns and operates a sushi place that I frequent. He sent email to a friend it Japan who said he would bring one with him when he comes over in May.

5. ifftster

ifftster New Member

Sweet, good luck on the install. I'm just patiently waiting. 8)