1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Switch and Warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mehrenst, Jun 6, 2005.

1. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Has anybody had any reaction from their Toyota dealer :cussing: about the EV switch when they've taken their car in for the normal service?

I'm planning on buying the 4yr/55kmi service package and later the Extended Warranty and I was just wondering if anyone has had any unpleasant reactions based on the modification.

Some of my driving is very short trips of 7~8 blocks and being able to use EV mode would be great.

Thanks.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My Prius Tech thought it was really cool and was very interested in learning about it.

Depending upon speed and conditions 8 blocks is at or beyond the limit of how far you can drive in EV mode. although some folks claim 1-1.5 miles range, I'm skeptical unless they start with a full charge and the route is at or below 20mph and downhill.

If you do some searches you'll find lots and lots of discussion on this warranty issue and the EVb...the long at the short is that if you have a hybrid related problem and a service dept. that wants to be a PITA then you may have problems....or you may not. Your coin, you flip it.

3. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A