1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EV Switch

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Noleman, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Noleman

Noleman New Member

I just received my 2006 Prius package 4. Wondering about the EV switch and the warranty from Toyota. If I install the switch will it void my warranty? How much benefit can I expect from the switch. Also I assumed I had auto headlights, non of the packages list this option, can it be added aftermarket??? Looking for reasonably priced seat covers, gray interior. Any experience with the body side moldings availabel from SIGMA, how do they look?

Thanks,

Noleman Tallahassee, Florida

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Wondering about the EV switch and the warranty from Toyota. If I install the switch will it void my warranty?
    Officially, yes; it can allow Toyota to deny a warrantee claim, though if it isn't HSD-related they would have a hard time.

How much benefit can I expect from the switch
    Zero or negative MPG improvement. Handy for backing into driveway from garage and several other fairly rare circumstances. Fun, though.

Also I assumed I had auto headlights, non of the packages list this option, can it be added aftermarket???
    Not in the U.S.; the manual is wrong. Adding them later would be a pain. Just use the "turn car off, then open drivers door" version of auto-off headlights.

Looking for reasonably priced seat covers, gray interior.
    Not cheap, but reasonable for the quality are the GT Covers. Great quality, look like original, good color selection.

Any experience with the body side moldings availabel from SIGMA, how do they look?
    Don't know.

3. mitchbf

mitchbf New Member

I assumed I had auto headlights, non of the packages list this option, can it be added aftermarket???

I had a similar thought for awhile but the lights go off when you open the door. Although my previous car had auto headlights, I've gotten used to this.

Looking for reasonably priced seat covers, gray interior.

I found some reasonable ones on eBAY. They were a little difficult to deal with but the product was good. I wanted to get rear ones after I saw the front. They told me I had to order them all at one time... If you want a name I can go look for it. They were out of Houston as I recall.

4. TahitiChris

TahitiChris New Member

I'm into my second week with my 2006 #3. If you want good seat covers, I don't think you can beat Wet Okole. They are not cheap, but after spending about $25K for my car, another $600 for good seat covers is not that bad. And they are worth it.

5. Peter_C

Peter_C Junior Member

Seat covers are pointless :p Use the interior up and then if they are trashed worse than the outside of the car, put a factory set of seat coverings back on. For $550+$30 shipping you can get leather seat replacement covers. You can buy as new factory takeoff cloth seat covers for under $100 from Ebay.

6. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

I don't know where you live, but in the LA area, recovering one seat will cost the same as a full set of GT Covers. For me, economics (as well as peace of mind) favor the cover approach.