1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Even I laughed at this Prius Bash!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Mar 20, 2005.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One of my fellow ER docs, this morning, saw me surfing on PriusChat this morning and was ribbing me about my 10 second 0-30mph time to one of the trauma surgeons and some other folks. All light hearted, but typical hybrid ignorance stuff.

Someone asked the trauma surgeon if he'd taked car of anyone in a hybrid wreck (apparently concerned about the risk of electrical injury).

The surgeon joked back that one injury we'd never see was a hybrid vs. tree injury...then proceeded to mime the driver dramatically swerving to avoid injuring a precious tree. (a funny tree-hugger hyperbolic reference)

I hope the imagery works...trust me, good folk, a little lacking in knowledge, but also a tad defensive about the recent gas prices and all in good fun...don't anyone worry they were being evil.

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"74178)</div>
    At least not one involving a hybrid with VSC and side curtain airbags! :lol:

3. LisaMurray

LisaMurray New Member

That is funny. Quite a conundrum....do we worry more about the Prius or the tree? And I would imagine in an ER, you have to take your chuckles where you can find them, and enjoy them!

4. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd burn a forest for my Prius...luckily I'll never have to. :mrgreen:

Of course, no mere car could ever hurt more than a shrub.

5. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Evan:

With coworkers like that you should never have to worry about a massive aneurysm.

:tomato:

Seriously, take them for a spin. Usually, anybody who rides with me is quite surprised that I can blow away SUV's and pickup trucks at a green light.

6. Bigsk8r

Bigsk8r New Member

Jayman,

Here, here!

I can't believe how many Excursions and Yukons have actually thought they were gonna out-accelerate me and cut me off in just 5 weeks of ownership! Of course, with 4500 miles already, I have had plenty of opportunities, I guess.

7. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's even more fun when I do that on snow and glare ice. The combination of Traction Control and good winter tires is unbeatable.

At the next red light, when they *finally* pull up to me, the look on their face is just priceless. Especially the guy driving that bright yellow H2. The look on his face said:

"What the f*** is *that* thing?!?!"

When the light turned green again, he didn't even use more than mild acceleration while I used my normal brisk acceleration and lost sight of him.

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bigsk8r\";p=\"74249)</div>
    Though not often, I get that wild hair and throw mileage to the wind. Especially when I see that, like you, the SUV next to me is going to try and pass me. Funny part is that they usually try to pass for absolutely no good reason. Just to be in front.

Blowing them going uphill is even better.

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration don't fail us now!"

9. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"74284)</div>
    Well, we Prius owners are on a mission from God. :angel: :lol:

10. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bigsk8r\";p=\"74249)</div>
    I was driving from Nashville to Memphis on US-64 (a lot less truck traffic than I-40) Sunday. This was on a two lane section with an 18-wheeler on my tail. We come to a hill and the road widens to allow passing. I stay in the right lane and the truck gets into the left lane all ready to pass. I was running 55 on cruise control. He then promptly starts to fade away into the distance.

He doesn't try to pass again and stays a nice safe distance behind.