1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Event 2007 Hybridfest announced

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by TonyPSchaefer, Oct 4, 2006.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    A new event has been announced in our RSVP Event System!

The event is labeled '2007 Hybridfest' and we are currently accepting signups for this event.
    <blockquote>YOU are invited to join us for Hybridfest 2007 at the Dane County Fair on the Alliant Energy Center Grounds in Madison, WI from 9am to 5pm Saturday, July 21, 2007. Parking is free. Here's what you can expect on the day of the event:
    • BE a part of the nation’s largest event dedicated to the hybrid electric car.
    • LEARN everything you wanted to know about hybrid cars and a whole lot more!
    • SEE which hybrid cars and SUVs are on the market and take them for a test drive. Meet hybrid owners and “talk shopâ€.
    </blockquote>The event will be held on July 21, 2007 and we will be accepting reservations until then.

Click here for more information and to sign up for this event!

2. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Since your link gave me a blank page here is the direct link Hybridfest.

Wayne

3. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, I'm working on the blank page thing. Also, I'm not sure why/how it ended up in "Audio/Electronics" so I moved it to here.

The reason I made it an RSVP was so Eric Powers (ericbecky) could get a very real feel for how many people from PriusChat are interested in attending the fest. Until I get the RSVP system figured out, please just append to this thread if you intend on going.

I, for one, look forward to going back to Madison for a weekend of free love, rock-n-roll, and hybrid batteries. Of course, most people only saw the batteries. ;)

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow, talk about planning ahead!

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    odds are good that i'll make a road trip out there this year... but i'll need some gentle reminders when the event gets closer - i'm sure those will happen anyways, though :-p

6. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So the RSVP still not working?

I'm thinking of going. I just have to work out the time/money things.

Looks like it will be about an 11hr drive 580 miles for me. I'll need 2 nights at the hotel. This will be one long trip.

Anyone else planning on going?

7. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yep! Went last year, going again this year. Great time.

Wayne

8. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I hope to attend - but having knee surgery in May, so I'm not sure I'll be mobile enough. I hear you can't drive for up to 2 months afterwards, so that's cutting it too close, perhaps. :unsure:

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just a little bump/reminder/unofficial RSVP.

I "think" I'm going to Hybridfest 2007 this year. I asked for time off work to go, may or may not bring the family and ditch them in Chicago on the way. But I hope to make it and barring any unforseen events should be there.

Anyway, if you're planning or thing you're going to go to Madison for Hybridfest gimme a "Heck Yea" just to get a little head count. Might be enough to convince some to go...this would be Squid's chance to punch someone, Gal's chance to hug someone, and a heck of a lot of fun to put some faces to screen names from across the nation!

10. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going. My dad may also come. Going to need 4 days at the hotel. I want to be there for the MPG challenge. :D I'll have to leave Thursday morning to get there that night. I plan on staying Sunday night and head out Monday. After hybridfest we are planning to go directly to Detroit for a corvair convention. I don't think the things will start until Wednesday so we will have to find some time killers in the area between the two places.

Cant register on hybridfest.com yet but plan on getting the reservations set first thing Monday.

11. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    we typically go back to WI sometime in july so we might be there.

i've got a friend in the USAF who's stationed in germany, and she's coming home for a visit this summer. i'm going to try to schedule our trip this year so that i can see her before she takes off again. i'm not sure exactly what's up date-wise yet.

12. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wonder if we could reserve a table at a local bar or something for a "PriusChat" gathering...anyone from that area that knows a good place...maybe for after the banquet Sat. night?

13. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 4 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]400116[/snapback]</div>
    Since everyone who registers receives tickets to the Fair you could always meet up somewhere on the Fairgrounds.

Another option is to walk or drive to the Colesium Bar which is realtively nearby. A group of people did that last year. http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/showphoto.p...to/1012/cat/525
    http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/showphoto.p...to/1014/cat/525

Most other options you'll need to drive to, in which case, the possibilities are endless.

14. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, I know those pictures. Only the "cool" table got their names on it. Those of us at the Kiddies' table had to sit there in the dark anonymously. :( :)

Evan, if you head up sans family, we should look into sharing a room at the hotel. On the other hand, perhaps for security reasons two Moderators should be in the same place at the same time. :D

15. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    We've got tag, so we'll be fine. :lol:

Even though it would be quite a long drive for me, I was hoping to make it this year. That was until one of my friends decided to get married that day.

I'm hoping to make it next year. If my wife will let me, of course.

16. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well since I'm not familiar with the area I think I may want a navigator for the MPG challenge.

I would like someone that is familiar with the area and wont mind riding 30 miles with no A/C, no tunes, doesn't mind fast sharp turns, and if necessary pushing the car.

Navigator must also watch traffic flow and look for cops.

Well I may have some tunes just to pass the time. :)

Anyone interested? :D :unsure:

17. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey theforce, I'll ride shotgun, but only if the tunes are on all the time.

Wayne

18. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  19. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Mar 4 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]400124[/snapback]</div>
    Wife and I are going , first timers. "Since everyone who registers receives tickets to the Fair you could always meet up somewhere on the Fairgrounds"
    where do you get free tickets at and do you have to stay at a certain hotel? sorry for the newbie question but still am. Also what is this registering? is that only for a room? or is that to park the prius in a certain spot?
    any more info would be great
    thank you

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 4 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]399994[/snapback]</div>
    Here's your " Heck Yea" we are going !! it will be great to meet a lot of you guys and really learn the tricks to the prius.

and Wayne, (FireEngineer) I tried this weekend to do the EBH but my ramps are to big does not fit under front of the prius so If you have an ebh install in my neck of the midwest give me a yell or I can wait till the Hybridfest. I know you wanted to come out this way. We will be there Friday 20th at the RedRoof Inn.

thanks
    Craig

20. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ May 6 2007, 08:31 PM) [snapback]436586[/snapback]</div>
    Craig,
    Good questions! I PM'd you a reply, but forgot to save it. So I'll retype my answer as best I can recall.

where do you get free tickets at...
    *** We will get your free tickets to you ahead of time.

and do you have to stay at a certain hotel?
    *** You are free to stay wherever you like. However, here is a hotel that is basically on the site of the Fairgrounds. It even has a walkway that attaches to the Exhibition Hall. This is the hotel that we have negotiated a special rate. See more info at http://hybridfest.com/Hotel.htm

Also what is this registering?
    *** You see, Hybridfest is open to the public, and there is stuff for them to do on two days: Saturday, July 21 from 10-5pm, and Sunday, July 22 from noon-5pm. It costs them $6 to come to the festival. They will see and do some fun stuff...
    BUT for people like you and I who want to get something extra from the Hybridfest experience, we can register and become Hybridfest members. ($30)
    Hybridfest members have access to even more fun:
    * An extra half day of activities on Friday, July 20
    * Post-show activities Saturday evening, July 21
    * Pre-show activities Sunday morning, July 22

Hybridfest Members who attend Hybridfest will receive:

* Hybridfest 2007 T-Shirt
    * Hybridfest 2007 Goodie Bag
    * Reserved space to show your car in the Hybrid Owners Car Showcase
    * Eligibility to win awards in the Hybrid Owners Car Showcase
    * Eligibility for special members-only door prizes
    * You and your children (under age 16) receive free admission to the Dane County Fair Friday, Saturday and Sunday (July 20-21-22)
    * Full access to the Hybridfest members-only hospitality area
    * Invitation to compete in the Hybridfest MPG Challenge (limited number of entrants) on Friday, July 20
    * Hybridfest Member-only "How-To" sessions on Sunday morning July 22, 9 a.m. - noon.
    * Invitations to the Hybridfest members-only gatherings during Hybridfest (see below)
    * And, of course, you'll also receive the satisfaction of knowing you're helping make the Hybridfest event possible!

The Hybridfest member page has a lot more detail of what it means to be a member. http://hybridfest.com/Members.htm There is a link at the bottom of the Member page that takes you to the on-line registration/membership form.

Feel free to ask more questions as they come up!