1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ever been to a Gentleman's Club before?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by celicasupra, Jun 30, 2008.

?
  1. Yes, I go frequently

5.9%
  2. Yeah, I went once or twice

67.6%
  3. No, that's disgusting

17.6%
  4. No, but I want to go check one out eventually

8.8%
  1. celicasupra

celicasupra New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Just wondering :cool:

I might be going to my first GC this weekend :D

My friends have been trying to get me to go for the past 5 years or so now, but I heard a girl from our high school works there now. I may have to go check this out!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here and there over the years. First time was in college during a fraternity conference in New Orleans. Once I was the designated driver for a friend's bachelorette party. A couple others for bachelor parties...including my own.

All in all I found them 1) overpriced...very bad watered down drinks that cost WAY too much....get a coke so it won't, hopefully, be watered down even though it'll cost you $10 for about 4 oz.
    2) Icky...the girls look like they're in a 'zone'...not really there. The go through the motions (lots of them), but it get's old.
    3) The other guys there make me feel creepy. I'd look around and think..."oh yuck, am I just like them?"
    4) I'm not into the 'get aroused around other guys' thing.

I've never gone in one of those places without a 'purpose...party, whatever, with the exception of the first time. I'm unlikely to go again.

3. celicasupra

celicasupra New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks for the reply, Doc!

Anyone else care to share :cool:

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What's the largest body of fresh water in the United States?
    A round of drinks at a gentleman's club! :D

I'm with Evan. I mean, in thought, not. . . .Let's start over.

Evan's right. The drinks are over-priced, the women aren't really there, and I can't help but to think that my five bucks ($20!) just went to support her addiction to one thing or another. Now I'm not saying that applies to every person in every bar. I've been to some relatively decent ones and then I've been to some pretty bad ones. For example, I was working in Alexandria, Louisiana, and the group decided to go out looking for a club. We found one. Out front was a 4'x8' sheet of plywood spray-painted "WATRISS WANTED". The guys enjoyed the "entertainment" while I played pool. Oh sure the table leaned to one corner but it was a 50-cent table. 50 cents!

I'll most likely never go back to one unless, as Doc said, "with a purpose" and definitely never alone.

5. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    bring a little flashlight, lighters dont work well

6. NaptownPrius

NaptownPrius Getting Greener....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here's one I like:

[​IMG]

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Apparently it is common for some girls to perform in these clubs to pay their living costs while studying. A few short hours a few nights a week can earn a good income allowing more time to study than a job waiting tables would, although waiting tables in a "gentleman's" club would pay a bit more than the average I suspect and the uniform is cheap. It's not all drug addicts.

I have never been to a gentleman's club but I have been to a bucks night or 2 with strippers and topless waitresses. Actually the drinks were free but there was a $100 cover charge and a collection during the show for an extra $10 each to get the waitresses nude. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed the nights but it was most likely a more relaxed atmosphere than a club and the whole place was full of friends. With these shows the strippers travel from party to party so they come in, do their show and leave, but the waiters stay all night well until the show finishes. Some of the girls were as Evan said, in a zone but some were very entertaining. I suspect the zoning out is about dancing naked in front of strangers, would you be able to do it? I'm also not into getting aroused in a room full of blokes, but it wasn't really like that. Mostly the nights were a laugh.

Go along with a group of mates and see for yourself. The drinks are expensive but the girls get paid to do what they do so take a wad of cash and enjoy.
    Don't expect the girl from school to even see you, but if she does don't expect her to come over for a chat. But you always wondered what she looked like nude didn't you?

I should add I have never even felt like going to a strip club.

8. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I used to walk by the local "Mugs and Jugs", but I've never been in. Their ads were always cute - one said 'our girls bend over backwards for you.' :rolleyes:

9. sophia_frederika

sophia_frederika New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Been to them and been bored:bored: out of my mind; but did see some comically bad dancing. My experiences were that the more attractive (and capable) women go on stage much later in the night.

10. effwitt

effwitt Paparazzi Magnet

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've never been to one, but it's more of a "sad" or "pathetic" situation to me rather than "disgusting".

What's just as sad was a guy a few years ago in the locker room at the gym bragging to someone else that his girlfriend is a stripper.

What's next? My mom's a crack whore!

11. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Been to more than a few in my sordid past.
    They ranged from places where you worry about the cleanliness of the chairs to clubs that were more upscale & posh than really suits me.
    The "acts" have ranged from the absurd to the fairly disgusting to intensely erotic.

To answer "Why you would go?" you have to ask "What do you go to bars for?" In my experience, most of the above average strip bars are bars first, the entertainment is secondary. We used to go to drink and talk, watching naked women was a bonus.

Buy bottled beer, not mixed drinks. If the drinks cost more than at a regular bar, you're getting ripped off.

12. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The first time I went to one (three years ago), I was with a group of friends. I had no idea how they operated; what I usually do in those cases is watch other people who look like they know what they're doing and copy them. Unfortunately, the, um, dancer came up to me first.

"Hi! Would you like some company?" she asked.

Confused, I looked at her and said, "No, I'm with my friends here."

She walked off in a huff.

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's what's called the 'no-cover charge'. :doh:

14. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I would recommend bringing one of those toilet seat protectors (like they have at the bathrooms in Wallmart) just in case someone wants to give you a lap dance.

15. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have been to a few many years ago, but I agree with the "sad" and "pathetic" assessment. I kinda felt bad for the women. I also made the observation that the married guys that were away from their wives were a lot more interested in frequenting these places; I was unattached at the time.

The most memorable experience: A group of four of us (working for a previous employer) were in Memphis on a business trip. The married guys spotted a strip joint and wanted to go. We sat at a table right next to the stage. There was a railing mounted from the ceiling at the edge of the stage, right above our heads. The dancer (who was completely nude) grabbed the railing and swung out towards our table. All four of us instinctively covered our drinks with our hands. :eek:

16. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've been exactly once and that was for my bachelor party. I have no problem with nudity, in fact I find it to be very normal and enjoy nude beaches. However, I found the strip club to be very creepy due to the people hanging out there.

BTW, it is weird to see people you know stripping. I recognized 3 or 4 girls from high school at the club I was at. In fact one girl came over and talked to me for 15 minutes or so. I seems that she can get a couple hundred a night from some of her regulars. (Those would be the creepy guys hanging out at the club that think the strippers are their girlfriends. :yuck:) It doesn't surprise me, a guy in my frat used to drop $1K a week on "his" girl at the local club. He swore that she would be dating him if the club rules would allow it. :rolleyes:

17. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just why DO they call them Gentlemen's Clubs anyway? I have nothing against nudity or a woman trying to make a living in what way she can, but isn't this quite the oxymoron for a place where you pay to oggle women, which really is NOT very gentlemanly?

18. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    In order to keep this thread remotely tied to this forum, I ask:

Have any of you ever been to a "hybrid" club? I hear there are some in New Orleans.

19. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If they called them Pervert's Clubs, it might reduce the number of patrons.

20. Spectra

Spectra Amphi-Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Maybe the emphasis is not on the Gentlemen, but on their clubs? :eek: