1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Evil Firsts

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by pingnak, Mar 18, 2010.

1. pingnak

pingnak New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My first tank, I got 55.91 MPG. It was on the last tick on the fuel gauge, but only took nine gallons.

My first roadkill was some kind of a low-flying bird that flew right under my wheel last weekend. Yuck.

My first 'trip' down to LA went as follows (all the same trip odometer)....

Palm Springs -> Pasadena 74MPG

My first scuff under the right front fender 'finding' a high curb. It sounded AWFUL. At least it's plastic and on the very bottom where it doesn't show up.

Pasadena -> Long Beach 72MPG (Why do they call it 'rush hour' when everyone is basically parked on the freeway?) My first traffic jam in the Prius, and boy was it jaminated. WAY less annoying than my previous manual transmission Ford.

Long Beach -> Palm Springs 67MPG

Whole trip: 1/4 tank of gas on the gauge.

So, I guess Long Beach is slightly more downhill from Palm Springs, overall.

2. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey, you keep driving right past me on I-10, on your wy to and from Palm Springs. I'm in Loma Linda. Honk your horn when you pass next time and I'll honk back. Keep up the efficient driving, you're getting great mileage.

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My first random act of Prius vandelism: "F*** YOU" written in the dirt on the hatch