1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

exact mats?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by desertbriez, Jul 12, 2007.

1. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

i've been trying to read up on the different all weather mats....

after just over a month.... i've noticed our floor mats are getting dirty! even with being careful! UGH! so i was thinking of getting the exact mats to cover them....

i seem to find just a few comments/posts.... amongsts threads for other all-weather mats....

so do you like the exact mats? are they worth getting? or would i be better off with the weathertech (or OEM ones... but they're black not grey!)

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have the ExactMats, and I really like them. Especially the looks. Cut to fit, clear vinyl without any grooves or channels means the color and texture of the underlying carpeted mats really comes through.

The lack of channels is also their biggest drawback, IMHO: They don't trap dirt or water. So I have to vacuum a little more than with my previous mats -- cheap generic clear vinyl mats from Advance Auto. In bad weather, I throw one of the old cheap mats down to trap the water (or snow). It's usually just me in the car, so it's generally not a problem. If I was routinely driving my kids around in their younger years, I'm not sure they'd be suitable.

3. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

i should probably add (if it's not obvious from my user name) ..... i live in the desert.... so generally don't have to worry about snow, mud, water/rain! just lots and lots and lots and lots of sand! lol!!!!

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The sand will end up along the edges.
    I have exactfit, and I really kinda wish I'd have gone for the OEM weather mats, with the channels and rim around the edge.
    The exactfit is nice, but its only benefit is really keeping wear off the carpet--there is nothing to keep water, coffee, or dirt from wandering over to the edge, and getting under the mat.

5. RexChu

RexChu New Member

I have Weather Tech's FloorLinerâ„¢ mats for the passenger areas. They are awesome for severe duty (like trampling through mud in boots and then jumping in your car OR a 3 year old in the back).

They are indestructable, have the channels that alot of people like, and have a large lip around them to keep anything from getting to the carpet. If they get dirty, or something is spilled, they can be pulled out and hosed off, hung out to dry and good as new!

I didn't go with WeatherTech in the cargo area because I wanted to be able to access the storage areas (with the edge "lip", the FloorLinerâ„¢ doesn't bend very well. I went with Exactmat for the cargo area. It let's me slid boxes somewhat easier and keeps stains off of the carpet.

The FloorLinerâ„¢ takes about a week and a half since they make them to order, and are a little pricier, but the piece of mind is worth it.

Hope this helps...