1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ExactFit rear seat covers - Dog protection - Which fabric?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Stefx, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi
    I'm looking for sturdy and low cost rear seat covers.
    We carry our lab in the back seat, currently we spread two blankets and sqeeze it in the nooks to make it stay there.

The ExactFit rear seats seem to be the right price. We don`t care about how well it will fit the seat, any fit will be much better than simple blankets anyway. We're not looking for Wet Okole or anything like that. It has to be tough, low cost and easy to install-remove for washing.

I'd like some advice on which ExactFit fabric to select. I'm not looking for neoprene or rubber, I just want a tough tear-resistant fabric. Waterproof is not needed, our lab is very well trained.

So, on their website, it's either velour, twill or endura (no leatherette).

Thanks for the advice

2. BAllanJ

BAllanJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you end up going really cheap... ie an old bed sheet tucked in... remember not to cover up the battery ventilation intake at the right of the back seat.

3. driving-mr-mel

driving-mr-mel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can you be a little more descriptive about where this intake is? I've had my Prius for only 2 days, and just last night covered the entire back seat with a blanket due to my dog. Never considered I might be covering up something important!

Thanks!

4. Blizzard10

Blizzard10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    [​IMG]
    here it is^^^

5. BAllanJ

BAllanJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, where Blizzard shows, except I think it's a bit higher in the '08. It's obvious when you see it. Air goes in there to cool the battery. There has been some discussion here somewhere from other dog owners about how to dissassemble the bits that clog with dog hair and may cause the battery to over heat.

6. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We have two Australian Shepherds. They wear dog seat belts (harnesses) that attached to the D-rings in the back. We keep a comforter in the rear and they ride comfortably short or long distance. They do not sit on the seats, have good views 360° and can let us know when they need something. Coming into and going out of the car is quick and easy.