1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ExactMats not "exact"?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by AndyMartin826, Jul 31, 2006.

1. AndyMartin826

AndyMartin826 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I wanted to get some feedback from other ExactMats owners, I just got mine today and put them in. While they are close to the "exact" size of the stock floor mats, they seem to be a little big (better to big than too small) and kind of extend over some of the contours that I hoped they would fit and bunch up. Since they were rolled up so tight in the shipping box, does the bunching go away after they've had a chance to flatten out? I'm going to try them out for a few days and see, I really like the overall look of them and they feel great. They certainly look like they were meant for the Prius (meaning, I'm sure they didn't send me mats for a different model), just an inch or so oversized, which can make a difference in the fit when you're talking about overhanging on each side.

Same question directed to the other owners of the HeatShade, I just got that as well today (looked like Christmas when I came home with all the packages at the front door). I put that in the windshield, and the top extended a little past the visors, enough that I can't fold the visors down to hold it in place. I made sure the bottom was pushed all the way down to where the windshield meets the dash too. Also seemed to want to fold in the vertically in the middle right under the rear-view, like it was a touch too wide. I tried to flatten it out, didn't want to happen. Any tips? Seems I'm not batting very high today on these "precision" cut add-ons.

Andy

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My mats are exact. :) The only problem with the floor mats was with the driver side mat. Its so exact I had to push it under the foot rest so it would lay flat. The other problem I have is with the cargo mat. Its width is perfect but the length is a little too long. I would guess its about an inch too long and it does not lay flat. Its no big deal for me because I forced the hump in the cargo mat to be right behind the rear seats so its out of the way. All other mats are perfect.

3. cagemo

cagemo Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I also got the new HeatShield, and had indentical problems. Check this thread for more info and discussion about it.

4. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cagemo @ Jul 31 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]295371[/snapback]</div>
    One positive vote, as I just got the heat shield and it is a perfect fit. Can't imagine them shipping different sizes but you never know !!!!!

5. AndyMartin826

AndyMartin826 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cagemo @ Jul 31 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]295371[/snapback]</div>
    I did a lot of research on the sunshade, but I didn't see the more recent posts on the "new" design, nor did I see where it seems many are returning them. I was originally looking at the Covercraft UV shield, but I wasn't excited about spending $50 on a sunshade sight-unseen so I opted for the Heatshield. Might be rethinking that after seeing the posts on the glue coming off and the increased sagging problems with this new design.

As for the ExactMats, I was originally looking at getting a big chair mat and cutting it myself. When I saw the ExactMats, I figured they would probably do a better job and I wouldn't have to worry about taking the time to do it (three kids keep me very busy, not a lot of free time these days). I'm going to ride with them in for a few days, let the AZ heat soften them up a bit and see how they do. Maybe they'll lay a little better once they've sat for a few days. If I have to trim them up, though, it kind of defeats the purpose of advertising them as "exact fit".